This site has two services, Livability Nash College and Livability Next Steps – Day service.
Livability Nash College in Bromley is a specialised, independent Further Education college for learners with moderate to profound physical and intellectual disabilities. Livability Nash College provides holistic education through a curriculum individually tailored to each student.
Students may have a range of disabilities or complex medical needs, and our National Autistic Society accreditation attracts a significant number with autism. We encourage students to lead a full social life and get involved in local activities. Supporting young people to develop skills that maximise their independence and choice in adult life is a key part of their education.
Nash College is part of Livability Education. It is an accredited education centres providing specialised learning for disabled students spanning 19 to 25 years, on a day. Equipping students for a fulfilling adult life, connected with their local community, is central to a Livability education. Nash College is run by Livability, the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
Details on the Ofsted report issued in January 2019 for Nash College here.Visit Nash College’s website here
Bromley Kent BR2 7AG
At Livability Nash College we:
- raise students’ expectations so each individual can achieve their maximum level of independence in housing, employment and leisure
- provide excellent teaching in real-life, work-related contexts which improve and impact students’ adult lives – a minimum 25% of learning takes place in the community
- support students’ learning and wellbeing through our onsite multi-disciplinary therapy team and appropriate tech support
- build self-esteem, confidence, self-determination and advocacy
- provide opportunities and new experiences which enable a student to make informed choices for their life ahead
- work with other agencies to support students’ transition into, through and out of college
- offers Next Steps, a day service for disabled young people aged 18+
Our home is guided by Livability’s core values. We strive to be open, enabling, inclusive and courageous in all that we do.
Co-production is woven throughout our service provision. Co-produced care plans and service delivery are central to our approach.
Person centred, flexible approach
Together, with the people we support, Livability puts the person at the centre of their care planning. We help individuals work out what their care needs are, choose the support they want and have control over their life. We know that everyone’s needs and aspirations are different – that all sorts of things add up to living well.
Community connections that grow health and wellbeing
We work to create connections that help people thrive. Research shows that personal health and wellbeing does better when people enjoy supportive networks. We support the people that use our services to follow their interests, get involved with activities in their community and pursue the life they want to lead.
Valuing people and working with strengths
We help people by looking at what they have, rather than what they lack. This approach helps people make use of their existing skills, knowledge and relationships.
Livability has a broad and inclusive Christian ethos. We support people of all faiths and none. We believe in the equality and unique value of every person, supporting them to discover and fulfil their potential.
A culture of continuous improvement
Livability strives to deliver services of the highest quality and constantly seek to improve through listening, reflection, learning and action.
Read more about Livability
Livability Wall Street is part of the Livability family of services. Livability is the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
Through a wide range of disability care, education, training and community services, we promote personalised support, inclusion and wellbeing for all. Together, we work to see people take part, contribute and be valued. We put the elements in place that all add up to livable lives and communities.
Livability is a proven and trusted provider of disability care and community projects throughout the UK.
We exist to enable the elements of a livable life and community to add up to flourishing wellbeing and great connections for every disabled person we support.
We are inspired by the vision of a barrier-free society where all disabled people can enjoy equality and full participation
Our 2000-strong, enabling team of staff and volunteers across the UK deliver:
- Care homes and residential support centres.
- A school and a further education college for disabled children.
- A wellbeing discovery centre set in 200 acres of natural landscape.
- Independent and supported living programmes for disabled people.
- Rehabilitation centres for brain and spinal injury.
- Church training in community engagement and disability awareness.
- Spinal injury rehabilitation expertise in developing countries.
- ‘Dementia Inclusive Church’ resourcing and coaching.
- Wellbeing and happiness coaching through the Livability Happiness Course.
- Social inclusion work through churches and community projects.